We’re building a diverse, high-performing, happy and collaborative team
We believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Manager, Customer Success
About the role
As a key member of our Customer Success team, you will be deeply involved in the day-to-day client relationship and be the key to success of enterprise customer integration projects. You will be the Relay implementation expert and the go-to-person to support and guide the advancements of customers and their long term goals.
Being the trusted advisors to our customers and a key member of the Customer Success team, you will also contribute to the gathering of customers’ suggestions and feedback to influence the roadmap of the Relay product.
About Relay Platform (“Relay”)
This is your chance to join a fast-track insurtech venture on a mission to take the cyber and specialty lines commercial insurance placement workflow into the 21st century and beyond. Building the next generation of technology for the Commercial Lines insurance markets, Relay works with forward-looking brokerages to deliver increased volumes, higher commissions and maximum efficiency.
Relay is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with team members and operations in the US.
Relay is proud to be a three-time member of the reputed Insurtech100 list (2020, 2021, 2022), winner of the 2020 Reaction Innovator of the Year, named the Most Innovative InsurTech Company in 2021 by Corporate Vision Magazine and nominated by Advisen in 2021 as a finalist for Cyber Technology Provider of the Year.
On August 18th, 2022, Relay was acquired by At-Bay, a premier insurtech MGA specializing in cyber and specialty lines. Relay is a wholly-owned subsidiary of At-Bay but remains operationally independent from its new ownership affiliates.
Our Company Culture
We promote a highly progressive environment to allow our teammates to reach their full potential. Our innovative culture is anchored in four pillars: inclusion, empathy, customer excellence, and agility.
We offer a “work from anywhere, anytime you prefer” policy, along with competitive compensation packages including benefits, stock options and commissions.
Additionally, we offer digital team-building events, on-demand remote-work locations, team gatherings in attractive locations (post-covid), and we support our team’s aspirations, whether they overlap with our commercial objectives or less so.
What you’ll do
- Become an expert on Relay’s feature offering and strategic direction and how customers can leverage the full functionalities;
- Oversee and own the delivery of customer projects efficiently in collaboration with internal engineering/product team; including onboarding, training, feedback resolution, and carrier integrations;
- Cultivate opportunities for company growth, always considering areas where Relay’s role could be expanded and lead to additional business (cross-selling and upselling);
- Identify opportunities for referrals and drive network effects;
- Work closely with key accounts and customers to coordinate, plan, manage and gather detailed requirements for customer implementation & launch projects;
- Maintain and exceed client satisfaction with Relay deliverables, day-to-day work, and overall value as a partner;
- Collaborate with Carrier Relationship Manager on new carrier partnerships. Leverage carrier relationships to assist in successful onboarding and API integrations for each customer.
- Monitor market developments, including competition and opportunities for partnerships, help operationalize the partnerships, contribute to product positioning and strategy in collaboration with management, sales and marketing.
- Become company resource/lead for new client onboarding and platform training & education initiatives.
- Ongoing monitoring and growth of client platform usage metrics.
- Defining, tracking, and celebrating customer goals and milestones.
- Assist in the optimization of the Customer Success process including mapping of the Customer Journey, develop success plans, and maintain/create Customer Success playbooks.
What we look for
- 3+ years experience in building revenue generating relationships and client facing interactions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting to both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Solid technical background, we are looking for someone who can understand our technology and have solution-oriented discussions with the engineering team;
- Ability to grasp customers’ needs and business objectives; communicate them effectively to the internal team and influence the product roadmap;
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, project management, and organization skills;
- Genuine interest in fundamentally changing the insurance industry landscape through technology, with previous involvement in change initiatives.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and process-driven with ability to effectively manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision, exercising discretion and sound judgment, while excelling in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Experience in commercial insurance or customer success for a SaaS company is a plus.
What We’ll Provide
- Health and Dental Benefits – We care about our team and put their health first. We offer inclusive health and dental coverage with customizable plans and access to on-demand virtual healthcare.
- Unlimited Vacations & Flexible Hours– People work best when they’re rested; take time off to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably. We also offer flexible hours so you don’t need to worry if you need to finish early or just start and work later than most others. We celebrate achievements, not hours worked.
- Fully Supported Remote Working – We’re a fully remote team with employees across Canada and the US and make sure employees are supported with a work from home allowance, access to co-working spaces, and team meetups where we get everyone together to share quality in-person time together.
- Personal Development – We want everyone at Relay to meet their goals, both personal and professional. As well as regular one-on-ones with your manager to help you meet professional goals we also have a Personal Development Program with $500 available to cover courses in anything you might be interested in learning.
- Opportunity and Adventure – We’re a fast-growing startup and there are a lot of opportunities for you to get involved in more than just what is covered in this job description. We hope you’re up for an adventure.
We have a simple and transparent three stage recruitment process – we move quickly and want to respect your time.
Step 1: Video call with the VP of Customer Success, Joe Lipski (30 minutes)
Step 2: Video call with Director, Customer Success, Nicole Panagos (30 minutes)
Step 3: Video call with VP of Customer Success, Joe Lipski (30 minutes)
If all goes well we’ll make an offer!
We value diversity
Relay’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our work and interactions. Diversity is more than a commitment to us – it is the foundation of what we do. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is embedded in the daily fabric of everything we do, and in our lives here at Relay. We recognize, appreciate and celebrate Diversity of thought, experience, style and choice.
We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, opinion, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We also firmly believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including candidates of color, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities. We welcome applications from candidates who took time to look after their family.